Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Coming out of tight spots.

Hey all,

I'm going to blog about my life today because I haven't done it in such a long time, and things are starting to turn around a bit, so I figured now was the time rather than when I'm all depressed about it.

I got a notice at the end of last month that "Neighborhood Finance" was going to try to foreclose on my house at the end of this month. This was very very worrysome since they wanted $2500 by the 26th of June in order to avoid it. Lucky for me I decided to give them a call! Since I have a court case coming up where we are trying to commute a portion of my settlement from my back injury into a lump sum of cash, the mortgage company agreed to put off on foreclosure until we got done with court and will allow me to pay the lump then...in August instead of right now. I was thrilled. I had to make a payment right away though, and it was a bit of a struggle to come up with it, but we DID come up with it thanks to a few friends, and thanks to the things that i've been collecting over the past several years. his time I sold my Hollywood Autograph collection to a pawnbroker for $250. It was worth well over $400, but oh well...what can one do?

I've been having really terrible smoking related problems with my health lately too. I've caught pneumonia, and it's really been wreaking havoc with me over the past month. I have no health insurance anymore thanks to work forgetting to pay the premiums, and so I've been unable to follow up at the doctor the way that I should be doing it when I'm sick like this. I've also had terrible pain in my throat, a scratchy painful feeling that has been going on for several months now, and I'm very worried about that. Sometimes I have what I call a "throat attack", where an deep inner pain starts to build up, moves up my face and into my temples, and the only thing that will stop it is a cough drop. Sometimes if I try to take deep breaths it works too. A cough drop will stop it almost immediately though. All of these things are happening, and I also have been having the worst case of the sweats that Ive EVER had. I read on the internet about sweats, and it appears to be most common in people with Hyperthyroid conditions. Of course, since I'm diabetic, I wonder if the pills that I take for the diabetes are doing something to my thyroid as well. Also, I'm very very tired all the time. I've almost fallen asleep while typing this, and I'm at work!!! The list of woes goes on and on, including a lump that's about twice the size of a golf ball in my left bicep....which they (My Doctor and one other Dr too) swore to me was just a fatty mass after doing a CAT scan on it. I sure hope they were right...cause it's STILL growing.

Now, on the UP side, wow! My Garden has really taken off! Everything has come up with one exception, the peas, and I think it's because it's just too hot for peas now, since they are a cool weather veggie. I even have a few fruits and veggies on the vines right now too, including an Anaheim pepper, a grape tomato, and finally a cucumber. I'm really excited about the rest of the season getting here, as all it really needs now to flourish is a lot more sunshine and water...and I'm not talking about what we've been having--95 degrees with 100% humidity. That's just plain evil for Ma Nature to be doing to us AND to the plants. It's so hot outside that the plants are withering during the day even though the soil that they are standing in is plenty moist. I wonder if the roots are boiling sometimes it's so blasted hot! I'm thinking that I should have radishes that can be eaten in about two weeks! It's all pretty exciting to see something that you've worked so hard on be successful like this. I just wish I had realized just how expensive it was going to be.

My only concern in the garden is really the tomato plants. Last year they didn't bear fruit all that much because of a calcium shortage in the soil. This year I bought a soil additive specificlly for tomato plants that added calcium to the soil, but I don't know if that's going to be enough for them or not. I may wind up doing the milk thing again, much like Al did a few years back.

Okay, I guess that's all for now. I'm going to try to work on my jewelry website for a bit now. Take care all!

No comments: