Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mike totally blows his stack at the landlord.

I didn't plan to write about this in the third person, so I won't. I'm just going to leave the title like that so people know what the post is about.

I am so embarrassed, and yet rather pleased with myself, even though I may have possibly put myself in even more danger with this nut case crackhead across the complex than I was before. As you all know, I was waiting to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with my landlord today and he finally decided to show his face at about 5pm this evening. When I finally realized he was out there, he had surrounded himself with the new neighbors from across the way AND the guy that's freakin' me out so bad, so I didn't feel comfortable talking to him.

The time came though that the landlord started making noises sounding like he was going to leave, so I knew I was going to have to speak or lose my chance. I didn't quite know what to say, so I did what my gut told me to do. I went to the man and told him that if that man was going to stay, he was not allowed to come near my apartment, my backyard, my neighbors or anywhere around my building. I told him that the man was a thief and a crackhead and scary and a threat to my personal security.

The landlords response? He forced the confrontation between me and the man. He called the man over and asked him if he was doing the things I had accused him of, specifically treating the complex like his own scavenger ground, and the guy denied it. Of COURSE this was all done in Spanish so I wouldn't understand. That infuriated me all the more.

I think in the future he will avoid taking for granted that I will always act like a reasonable man, because I did not. I only know one person who has ever seen me explode like I did right then, and that's Brian...he used to work for me. And this was way worse than I ever remember yelling at anyone in my life.

I said "What?" and then I started Screaming at him at the top of my lungs calling him a "thief and a liar. I went and I got the metal folding chair that he stole from my apartment and went back out waving it at him...Does this look familiar? You are a LIAR because I went into your house and TOOK IT BACK...from your house. You sat at your door glaring at people for three days trying to figure out who it was...I did it, and NOW you are going to stay the hell away from me, my house, my family, my neighbors and ANYWHERE around this apartment."

The whole thing didn't last much longer than about 15 minutes, but I had built up so much stress and so much rage that it just exploded out of me. (BTW...I'm not a thief, but I did go and get my chair back. I knew it was there, and he was only supposed to be staying the one night back then...cleaning the apartment in trade for staying the night...he had nowhere else to go.) It certainly wasn't the brightest way for me to handle this, and I'm certainly embarrassed about it now, but I think the man got the point that he needs to stay away from my side of the apartment complex! I am shamed that so many people witnessed this though...not just my landlord, but two sets of other neighbors did as well. I have apologized to all of those who saw me acting like an insane man, so hopefully now the landlord will listen to me and I'll be able to put all this craziness to rest.

No comments: