Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Back Procedure.

Today I had another back procedure.  This time, Dr Baldi killed off another nerve in my back.

He's such a great Doctor for me, and I have no idea what I would do without him.  If it weren't for him, I can picture myself in a wheelchair right now.  Because of him and his innovative nerve treatments on me, I've been able to continue walking, to work at least part time, and I've been able to live my life in considerably less pain for the past two years.  God Bless you Doc!

Today's procedure went as can be expected when you have someone insert a needle into your spine.  Thank the Lord for anesthesia, of course.  I was a bit angry at the Anesthesiologist today though, as he was telling me how things were going to progress.  It happened like this...

"Well Michael, here's what we are going to do today.  First we are going to put this pulse-oxygen sensor on your fingers.  Then we will put this blood pressure cuff on your arm and take your blood pressure--then after we get your blood pressure we are going to give you a little something to take you to happyland..."

And then I said "Ok--what is that burning sensation?  Oh aren't you the...."  I never got to finish my sentence.  I wanted to say "sneaky one." but I never got the chance.  I woke up almost two hours later.  I love anesthesia!  LOL!

It still troubles me that you don't have dreams while under anesthesia though.  It's like missing time.  I often wonder if that is what death is like, as there is absolutely nothing but peaceful nothingness.  I fear it, and I love it at the same time.

Overall though, I'm okay.  I've been dopey today, but I came through good.  Only time will tell if the shot does any good.  For some reason, the procedure doesn't start to show any results for a week or so after it's done, so I'll let you all know later how it's going...

By the way..."Happy Belated Birthday Richie!"  Sorry I missed it, but it was a hella weekend.  I hope yours was a great as mine was!

Outta here for now!

No comments: