Saturday, October 25, 2008

NaNoWriMo


Well, here I go again!  November is National Novel Writing Month and there is a site on the web that brings writers all together to get the most out of it all.  

Last year I decided to take the year off, having a new job and all, but since my back and leg are giving me such a hard time this year I've decided to drop down to part time at work.  I've also decided that I'm going to fill my spare time up attempting to write another novel.  

I wish that I could just finish my old novel that I started back in 2006, but I've read and reread the rules and regs and they just won't allow it to happen.  I started a novel called "The Demon Hunter Diaries" when I last competed, but I only made it to 25,000 words.  The rules state that you must write a minimum of 50,000 words to win the event.  I can't remember exactly what happened last time, other than me being side tracked because I had no job and no prospect of paying the mortgage!  I'll probably be having the same problem again soon, but hey...such is life.  I have to take care of myself too...and it's not like I have NO income at all.

The event has a badge that participants get to put on their websites, but since I don't actually have a website, I put it up at the top of this page.

If you fancy yourself a writer, you ought to give it a try!

Ciao for now!  

No comments: